Friday, March 1, 2013

Who Is In The House of My Heart

Who Is In The House of My Heart




Who is in the house of my heart,
 I cried in the middle of the night.
 Love [God] said,
 "It is I, but what are all these images that fill your
 house?"
 I said, they are the reflection of Your beautiful Face.
 Love asked,
 "But what is this image full of pain?"
 I said, it is me lost in the sorrows of life
 and showed Love my soul full of wounds.
 Love offered me one end of a thread and said:
 "Take it so I can pull you back,
 but do not break the delicate string."
 I reached towards it but Love struck my hand.
 I asked, why the harshness?
 Love said,
 "To remind you that whoever comes to Love's holy space
 proud and full of himself,
 will be sent away.
 Look at Love with the eyes of your heart."



Translated by 
Coleman Barks